We were recently fishing with Grandma Suzie. Trevin caught a huge carp. He said with all his four year old enthusiasm, “I’m RICH!”
Thayden had a stomachache last week. But that is not how he described it. He went to say, "Mom, my stomach is throbbing, what can we do?”
I was have some great snuggle time with Trevin. I told him that he was so cute that I could just eat him. Trevin insisted that, “You can’t eat me, I’m a little boy. And I am a human!”
Thayden came to me in all seriousness and said, “Mom, can I tell you about a situation I am having?!” The situation Thayden was having was about catching bugs. And as you can tell, Thayden takes bug hunting very serious.
We were teaching Trevin about tithing. And that he needed to give 10% of what he earned doing chores to Heavenly Father to help build temples and to help others in need. He was fine with it. Then he came to me and said, “Mom, when I go to give Heavenly Father my money, will you go with me? I am a little nervous.” It took me a minute to understand exactly what he was referring to. I told him that wouldn’t actually get to see Heavenly Father then but that he could give it to the bishop and he would see that it got to the right place. I just had to smile!
Thayden having just finished Kindergarten, we were introduced to something new this year. Girl Crushes! I had a hard time with it all being that he is my little man. One in particular girl had her eye on Thayden. Thayden told us, “Brielle is getting in love with me. But I told her she can’t love me because I am not her Dad!” Oh, the sweet innocence.
We have a little cousin named Olivia that has leukemia. The boys have been praying for her especially Trevin. He is always concerned about her and calls her his best friend. He was recently looking at pictures of her and said, “My heart is broke. I’m so sad for Olivia.” Oh, the love that children have for one another. Olivia and Trevin have only met once but have a great bond. We are excited to say that Livi is having great progress and hopefully soon her and Trevin will play again!!
Friday, June 27, 2008
The Sweet Things Kids Say....
Posted by Staiger Smiles at 2:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
How fun to see your family!! I got your voicemail the other day and I am SO GLAD you found my blog. And now I'll know what you are up to! Laura Tevaga
Way too sweet. Such cute little boys! I love the tithing story and Thayden's grown-up words like "situation" and "throbbing". Too cute!
Hi Shanny,
I am so excited that you have a blog! Now I can see more of your darling family! We need to get together when you come to Tremonton! Love Ya, Keri Beth
I didn't know that you had a blog and don't know if you'll ever look this far back to see this comment. It was so sweet what Trevin said about Olivia. Tell him that his little prayers helped tremendously for now she is doing sooo GOOD! Check out our latest pics and now I can watch your fam from afar. (If and when you find the time to catch up. I'm dying for an update!)
Post a Comment